- Contact Us
Walking, Jogging and Cycling
Do you want to give walking, jogging or biking a go? Sport Tasman in partnership with Get Moving have developed the Get Moving Ambassador programme ,a social activity programme designed to get people who have little or no experience at all with physical activity, started! The focus of our Get Moving Ambassador programme is on the fun and social aspects of group activity.
|For more information please visit:|
Councils in our region have also been working hard over the last few years to provide a healthier and more environmentally friendly way of getting from A to B. Considerable investment has gone into a network of paths to provide you with another opportunity to get more active, more often.
- Richmond and Motueka Cycling and Walking options: CYCLE and WALK
- Marlborough Cycling and Walking options: CYCLE and WALK
In addition to this is Top of the South Maps. Tasman District Council and Nelson City Council have worked collaboratively to develop this online mapping system that at the click of a button will show you cycle routes, walking tracks and much more to help you get more active more often.
Active Transport Forum
Sport Tasman are active members of the Active Transport Forum which aims:
- To enhance intersectoral communication and coordination between active transport stakeholders
- To support positive action on regional cycling, walking and public transport issues
- To increase the knowledge base of active transport stakeholders
To visit the Active Transport Forum blog site please CLICK HERE. You will find presentations, minutes and topical issues around active transport in Nelson and Tasman.
If you would like to become involved with the Active Transport Forum please contact Margaret Parfitt at the Nelson City Council on 03 546 0390.