- Contact Us
Walking and Cycling
Tired of driving and watching your money literally disappear into thin air? Why don’t you dust off your trainers or the seat of your bike and hit one of New Zealand’s best networks of shared paths!
Councils in our region have been working hard over the last few years to provide a healthier and more environmentally friendly way of getting from A to B. Considerable investment has gone into a network of paths, especially Nelson and Richmond, to provide you with another opportunity to get more active, more often.
- Richmond and Motueka Cycling and Walking options: CYCLE and WALK
- Marlborough Cycling and Walking options: CYCLE and WALK
In addition to this is Top of the South Maps. Tasman District Council and Nelson City Council have worked collaboratively to develop this online mapping system that at the click of a button will show you cycle routes, walking tracks and much more to help you get more active more often.
Active Transport Forum
Sport Tasman are active members of the Active Transport Forum which aims:
- To enhance intersectoral communication and coordination between active transport stakeholders
- To support positive action on regional cycling, walking and public transport issues
- To increase the knowledge base of active transport stakeholders
To visit the Active Transport Forum blog site please CLICK HERE. You will find presentations, minutes and topical issues around active transport in Nelson and Tasman.
If you would like to become involved with the Active Transport Forum please contact Margaret Parffitt at the Nelson City Council on 03 546 0390