- Contact Us
Entry Level Cycling
- Take in the sights of Nelson, Stoke, Richmond and beyond with our popular entry level social cycling group.
- Gain or brush up on your cycling skills and learn how to maintain your bike.
- All ages & abilities welcome and its Free!
- We cycle on shared pathways around the region on Monday mornings.
- Our focus is on the social enjoyment of cycling rather than speed and distance.
- Cycle skills & confidence training is available, (one on one or either a group up to four) led by Sarah who has a National Certificate In Recreation & Sport (Coaching & Instruction) Cycle Skills Instructor L2
“Neal and I want to thank Sport Tasman and, in particular, Sarah Hodgson, for the coaching sessions that got us back on our bikes. Sarah was great and gave me the confidence I needed to ride again after 55 years! “
Photo: Anne 75 yrs. and Neal Dorne 82yrs, completed cycle skills training in March 2015 and now back on their bikes after 55yrs.
Having a rest stop on our Orphanage Stream ride
Entry Level Jogging
Would you like to walk faster and become a jogger but no too sure where to start?
- You don’t have to be jogging at the moment you just have to be walking regularly.
- This is an entry level group if you are wanting to learn to jog.
- We focus on the social and enjoyment aspects of jogging rather than the speed and competitiveness.
- All ages welcome - its Free!
- We jog on shared pathways and basic trails around the Stoke area.
- Our sessions are between 35-45 minutes and are based on walking and jogging.
- Every Wednesday 5:30pm in spring and summer.
- In Autumn and winter we will jog in mornings around 10am (if we have the interest, three or more)
No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
Give it a Go
Here's your opportunity to try out a variety of easy activity options.
- GIVE IT A GO is suitable for those wanting to try something new, or those wanting to get more active but don't know what to do.
- Every Wednesday for 8-weeks you can try something new.
- Don’t let your age, size, shape or ability make you blue….
- Come with us and GIVE IT A GO.
- We can help you to “feel good, stay healthy and have fun”.
- All Welcome
GIVE IT A GO can offer you:
- An introduction to various activities in a social and non-judgemental environment.
- Expertise, advice and confidence to continue on with the activity if you enjoy it.
- Social connections with like minded people.
- Information about what's available in your community.
For more information and to express your interest on entry level cycle, jogging or Give it a Go please phone Sarah on 03 923 2313 or email Sarah.H@sporttasman.org.nz